FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2012
I have worked out many of the mechanical kinks in the remote controlled lawnmower. It is working well now, and I am able to mow my entire yard on a single charge.
Having the large caster wheels lets it move through the grass easily so I don't waste power forcing the wheels through the grass. I also mowed very high grass last weekend. If the lawn mower can cut the grass, the motors will push the mower through it.
There is one last problem: the chains fall off. For some reason if I make a sudden stop or turn one of the chains will fall off. Sometimes it unscrews the nut that holds the gear on the motor in the process and I lose it in the yard (luckily I have replacement nuts, and I haven't lost a gear yet).
I think the problem is with the main sprockets. I had to drill new holes in them to bolt them to the wheels, and I didn't do a good job. The sprockets sort of wobble making the chain tighter and looser, the chain probably falls off if I do something drastic when the chain is loose.
Posted by Chet at 5:49 PM3 Comments
More About Me
Philosophy for Understanding Theology
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Settlers of Catan
Misc Arduino projects